Sunday, November 25, 2007

Japantown - San Francisco


A while ago I was told by a freind about a bookstore in Japantown, called Kinokuniya. Intially I went to explore the childrens cookbook area. I found the incredable amount of work and attention to detail fascinating. I was then pulled into a variety of other subject areas I found that this attention to detail seemed to be a common thread throughout the Japanese aesthetic.

This visit has got me wondering about the approach to food and culture in Japan. Knowing little, it seems that the attention to detail is so intricate. If anyone has some input to this I would love to hear it. In the mean time I will try to research and get back to you with whatever I learn.

A few other interesting finds,
Uoki K. Sakai Co. market/grocerystore.
1656 Post Street

Kinokuniya Stationary & Gift Store
Kinokuniya Building

No comments: