Monday, December 10, 2007

The Goal: Thoughts to Ponder


In the last months I have been trying to contact and research people and places that might be interested in participating on this site. I've found a lot of interested people and interesting subject matter. But one issue seems to constantly arise. Many people don't think that they themselves have much to offer so I thought that I might through out a few thoughts to ponder....

The goal is to collect images, stories, traditions, thoughts, histories, related to making a childrens lunch(box).

1.) What kind of things would be a normal meal for your children at lunch?

2.) Who makes it?

3.) Do you think about anything in particular when purchasing the food, nutrition, favorites, values, traditions?
Example: The importance to have a hot meal, four main food groups.
Or, perhaps lunch is thought of as a light meal.
Or quick meal?
Or perhaps there are not many options, why?

4.) Any foods that are off limits?
Or particularly healthful, why?

5.) Is the kind of food you think of and offer different than when you were a child?

7.) Any childhood lunch stories? from yourself, children or your family?

6.) Any kind of social/political or economic happenings that may have influenced the choices then and now?

7.) Is there a combination of cultural traditions or thoughts?

In our house we have a lot of German and English favorites that influence us. Plus, I am always incorporating little tidbits from other places. For example my current research into Japanese Lunches have takem me to places where I have found little things to add to my childrens lunches, little snacks, candies, Bento Items, things that I thought they might enjoy or find interesting.

8. ) Images can be a photo a photo of a meal, particular food, a lunchbox, a bowl, serving dishes, a place, a drawing.

Think how much we have to offer and learn from each other! as parents and a people of the world!

Please email thoughts to AnnaHSC@gmail.com or post

Thank for all your thought and contributions!

P.S. Photo - Lunch with my son. Visiting tht Bay Area Childrens Discovery Museum, Grilled Cheese for me and the Childrens Lunch Offered Nitrate-Free Hot Dog, Juice and Cookie Snack

No comments: