Saturday, November 24, 2007

Alice Waters Principals


Coming to the East Bay, I didn't realize to what a degree Waters had influenced where we were to live, and how people think about food. I think that her principals, writen in her new book,
The Art of Simple Food, really hit home for me. I thought that they would be a nice addition to the site

Eat Locally and Sustainably
Eat Seasonally
Shop at Farmers Markets and know where your food comes from
Plant a garden, even if its tiny, herbs, a single tomato plant
Conserve, Compost, Recycle
Cook simply, engaging all your senses
Cook Together
Eat Together
Remember Food is Precious

So simple.

If you don't know her, check our sites to visit links pages for her biography.

Please note, I am writing about Waters not to push a particular view, just to show what influences my decisions when it comes to food, the issues that I think about. I am looking forward to see the issues and influences on what makes you decide to purchase and provide what you do, may it be tradition, values, whats available to you, or even what you have witnessed on your travels, or even questioned.

No comments: